Monday, September 24, 2007

MORS SYPHILITICA - Feather and Fate

The history of NY's Mors Syphilitica dates back to the goth scene of the mid-80's. Guitarist Eric Hammer and vocalist Lisa Houle first played together in Requiem In White, whose mix of dark, swirling sounds and operatic vocals won them a huge following. After moving to the Big Apple from Boston, they played shows with nationally known bands like Biohazard and Type-O Negative. Eric and Lisa, now married and sharing the same surname, formed Mors Syphilitica {two years ago}. Unlike other bands who rely on pre-programmed backing tracks, the group includes a live rhythm section, which helps them stand out among their peers. Lisa's vocal range can hit high C or dip into the bottom range. Not only does she have the pipes, but she knows how to use them creatively. The end result has drawn comparisons to Switchblade Symphony or Dead Can Dance, but Mors Syphilitica has their own thing going.


1. The Hues of Longing
2. Naturally Cruel
3. Between Feather & Fate
4. Only A Whirlwind
5. Galatea
6. Glorious Breath
7. Nostalgia's Sea
8. The Chains of Reason
9. A Fever Dream
10. Fountain of Tears
11. My Virgin Widows
12. Far From Loneliness
13. Sins Of The Dove
14. How Long







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mors Syphilitica's "Feather & Fate" seems to be corrupt. In any case, it doesn't open.

So you may want to check and correct the file.

Still, thanks for putting Mors Syphilitica. It's my favourite artist.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I redownloaded the file on another computer. The process went fine.

No problems. So, uhm, yeah.

Thanks.

Folks call me Lore said...

Thanks for posting these! It's so hard to find Mors Syphilitica these days.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Joe said...

I like this site